Summer league hockey!
If the thought of months without hockey was filling you with dread, fear not, we have 14 weeks of summer league to keep you sane!
· Matches on Wednesdays 8-10pm in May, June, July AND August
· Starts 14 May
· All matches at Acton (Boddington Gardens, Acton, W3 9AP)
· Mixed teams, 6-a-side
· Open to all standards - club members, new members and non-members
· Bargain price of £30
· Sign up before Friday 25 April by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know which team you currently play for and paying your £30 - teams and fixtures will be sent out shortly after that
· If you would like to help out organising things on the night, let us know – it’s a good opportunity for some of you to use those newly acquired umpiring skills!
Back to Hockey - from 7th May
Starts Wednesday 7th May. 20:00-21:00 at Acton pitch.
Have you heard about our spring campaign? We aim to attract thousands of people back to hockey! From 7th May to 11th June 2014, over 200 clubs across the country will be delivering Back to Hockey sessions for those who haven’t played before or might not have played since school or university.
If you're new to the game or haven’t played for a while our Back to Hockey coaches will gently guide you through this series of fun and friendly sessions. Along the way you will also make new friends and some sites even hold their own social for that much deserved cup of tea and slice of cake after a session.
Over the six weeks you will be introduced back to the game by mixing in some skills exercises with some small sided game play (eg 5v5, 6v6). However the emphasis is on a friendly and relaxed environment without the pressure to perform. It’s also an opportunity to get fitter, as each Back to Hockey session burns up to 450 calories (netfit.co.uk).